Sunday, February 22, 2009

Not Swimming Lessons

Charlotte has been going to swimming lessons twice a week with her dad. I don't know if you can call them swimming lessons or not. The proper classification would be "Look Charlotte I'm not going to let you drowned. I have way to much invested in you already lessons." And guess what they are working it took one whole lesson to get her to loosen her grip on my neck enough for me to breathe. We sing songs about shark attacks and the kids all laugh and flail at the water with their little arms and legs. From what i understand this kind of activity would attract sharks but i am sure the proper behavior to exhibit in the prescence of a shark is covered in some advanced class.


Our last lesson we put life jackets on the midgets and let them kick and paddle. We are at the point were Charlotte will swim all by herself and it is wonderful. I have been real lucky to be able to take her. it has been a lot of fun

Of course we cant leave without posting a picture of Charlotte being absolutly terrified while her father laughs at her.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Andersons said...

Great job Charlotte, when you come to Sydney you will be ready defend your self against sharks. (with the help of your dad I guess)

Angela Dougherty said...

Yay Charlotte! Great job on not choking your dad. She sure is a cutie!

The Empty Nesters said...

Charlotte, good job. Next time you come see us we can go to Dakota together and swim.

Sarah said...

looks like fun. We can't wait to go to the water park with you guys. All the kids can show off thier skills from swimming lessons.

Emily said...

That last pic is so classic!